Duration: Full Day
Staff: 2 staff members
Cost: £350 inc all ingredients
(Based on one class / approx 30 children)
Location: Delivered on site
- Introduction to World War II, where and when it took place.
- Rationing, why it was necessary and how it impacted on people’s lives.
- The story of F.O. Les Hood and shelter building.
- Creating fire by friction
- Preparing, cooking and tasting dishes using rationing recipes and techniques.
- Looking at the principles of survival.
The WW2 and Survival programme introduces children to how people lived and survived in this period of history. They will experience examples of some of the foods that were rationed and how they were prepared and cooked through a ‘hands-on’ demonstration and discover the importance of survival skills!