Duration: Full Day / Half Day
Staff: An experienced Level 3 Forest School practitioner
Cost: £220 full day / £125 half day
There is a discount for regular PPA cover.
SC.OUT.ED offer PPA cover using the Forest School approach to learning in your own setting.
Tailored to different age groups, sessions are essentially child-led and give children the opportunity to learn key skills and concepts in a practical and meaningful way.
We can also link to your science topics through Forest School – ‘Plants’, ‘Habitats’ and ‘Seasonal Change’.
Activities provide opportunities that:
- Increase self-esteem & self-confidence
- Improve listening and speaking skills
- Contribute to the development of language
- Improve children’s ability to work cooperatively
- Improve physical and motor skills
- Forest School is also a very effective stimulus for learning back in the classroom
The Forest School approach to learning:
- Creative activities such as outdoor art & patterns in nature
- Curriculum specific topics
- Developing bushcraft skills – shelter building and cooking on a fire
- Using our senses to explore the environment
- Encouraging teamwork & cooperation