Staff: Delivered by Chris Baker, an experienced Level 3 Play Practitioner.
Cost: Dependent upon the activities / package selected
Location: Delivered on site
Due to building confidence and capability amongst staff and encouraging children to become more active, PE & Sports Premium can be used to access this programme.
Play is a vital part of every child’s life and is important for social, emotional and physical development. Focusing on play is important as it gives children the opportunities to choose what they want to do, to meet and socialise with their friends and keeps them physically active.
SC.OUT.ED work with schools to deliver a range of different play programmes – we offer broad experiences and activities to reduce ‘play bias’ which can have the effect of excluding some children from play. By engaging more children, play can have a positive impact upon behaviour too. Guidelines recommend children engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school.
The impact of play:
- Gives children the opportunity to mix with other children
- Provides opportunities for developing social skills and learning
- Builds self-confidence and esteem
- Helps improve ability to focus and control their behavior
- Improves attention span
Packages can include:
- Staff Training – increasing staff confidence & capability
- Lunchtime Play Sessions
- Class Play Sessions
- Holiday & After School Play Sessions
Types of play:
- Loose Parts & Pretend Play
- Traditional Games
- Communication Play
- Exploratory Play