Duration: Full Day
Staff: 2 staff members
Cost: £350 includes ingredients
(Based on one class / approx 30 children)
Location: Delivered on site
Pupils work in teams to discuss what we need to survive and the importance of teamwork and cooperation. They will use teamwork to build shelters and light fires by friction! Later in the day backwoods cooking activities will introduce children to food preparation and how to cook on an open fire. Dishes cooked may be roasted, fryed, baked or boiled – a variety of savoury or sweet recipes cooked in the great outdoors!
- Fire safety and lighting fires by friction
- Building different types of shelter
- Preparing a fire for cooking on
- Practical ‘hands-on’ food preparation
- Cooking on a fire and tasting!